Thoughts and Cleanliness
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
1) During salah, one unintentionally has a non-sexual thought about the opposite gender. One did not feel discharge immediately, but after a few moments. Furthermore, when the thought occurred one had a feeling, sort of like a palpitation in one’s heart. Could Mufti-Saab please assist if it is necessary for one to repeat one’s salah in this instance?
2) in general, if one has non-sexual thoughts about the opposite gender in one’s salah and one experiences discharge immediately or some moments thereafter, then does one’s wudhu and/or salah break?
3) if one has sexual thoughts (out of salah) and one experiences discharge thereafter, then does it become necessary for one to perform ghusl?
4) please could mufti-saab mention if there is any instances where having sexual thoughts (only thoughts) would require one to perform ghusl?
5) one has sexual thoughts during the course of the day and one experiences discharge either immediately or after some time. After a while, one goes to perform salah and discharge again occurs during salah. Does this discharge invalidate the salah and one’s wudhu, since the discharge occurred some time after one had the sexual thought
جزاك الله خير
Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
1-2) When feeling the discharge, you should continue with your prayer, but try to shorten it and complete it quickly. After prayer, you should inspect the colour of the discharge.
If the discharge is clear or white (normal color), then the prayer will be valid.
If the discharge is mixed with blood or you realize that it is Madhi (pre-coital fluid), then Wudhu has been invalidated. You would have to repeat the Wudhu and the prayer.
Especially since Madhi might resemble the normal discharge, if you are unsure, you should repeat the Wudhu and the prayer.
As for the past, you should repeat the prayers in which you felt this discharge.
3) If the discharge is Madhi, then only Wudhu is compulsory. If the discharge is Mani (sperm), then Ghusl is compulsory. If you experienced an orgasm, then Ghusl is compulsory.
4) Ghusl is only compulsory if you orgasm, or have a discharge of sperm.
5) The same ruling mention in the first and second point will apply.