Faskh e Nikaah

21 Jan 2020 Ref-No#: 2354

I want separation from my husband for too many reasons. I requested him to divorce me for 2 times and he replied that ” I will not divorce you, go to court and take divorce from the Court ” He is irritating me like this.. Court send him order to come and sign on a Khula papers but he didn’t come. But he received the Court call orders and still not coming to court. MY Question is.. If Court declares me Khula {Faskh e Nikaah}, Will it be valid OR not ? After completing my Idath, can i marry again to another person ?


Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

When there is a dispute between spouses, it is best to see how you can solve these issues. Understanding that no marriage is perfect, and there has to be some level of tolerance, you can first discuss your concerns with your husband.

If that does not work out, then Allah Ta’ala has advised:

وَإِن خِفتُم شِقاقَ بَينِهِما فَابعَثوا حَكَمًا مِن أَهلِهِ وَحَكَمًا مِن أَهلِها إِن يُريدا إِصلاحًا يُوَفِّقِ اللَّهُ بَينَهُما إِنَّ اللَّهَ كانَ عَليمًا خَبيرًا

“If you fear a split between them (the spouses), send one arbitrator from the husbands family and one from the wifes. If they really desire to reconcile, Allah shall bring about harmony between them. Surely, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.” (4:35)

After trying all solutions, if the spouses are just not compatible,  then the husband should be advised to issue a divorce.

Allah says:

فَإِمساكٌ بِمَعروفٍ أَو تَسريحٌ بِإِحسانٍ

“Either keep her with all fairness, or release with good treatment.” (2:229)

If the husband refuses to issue the divorce, the wife can offer to return her Mahr and marital gifts back, in exchange of a divorce.  This is known as Khul’a.

If that too does not prove to be successful, then the wife may approach  a court, if they pass judgement according to Islamic law.  The court will investigate and see whether there are legitimate Islamic grounds to dissolve the marriage.

If the courts in your country do not follow the Islamic constitution, then you may approach your local Ulama body, who will do the necessary investigations and see whether you have grounds to annul the marriage.

The annulment issued by the court or Ulama body will be valid, and the marriage will terminate.


إذا اشتاق الزوجان وخافا أن لا يقيما حدود الله فلا بأس أن تفتدي نفسها منه بمال يخلعها به فإذ فعل ذلك وقع بالخلع تطليقة بائنة ولزمها المال (مختصر القدوري – ص: ١٦٣) 

(ويجوز تقلد القضاء من السلطان العادل والجائر) ولو كافرا ذكره مسكين وغيره إلا إذا كان يمنعه عن القضاء بالحق فيحرم  (رد المحتار – ٥/٣٦٨) 

  • Hidden
  • Hidden
  • Hidden