السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Upon awkening a number of situations occur daily. Could you determine if ghusl is necessary in each as i end uo doing ghusl nearly every day?
I keep a tissue wrapped aroubd my private part to ensure my underwear does not become napaak.
A) Regularly when i wake up my front private part is erect but nothing has been released in the sleep. Upon awakening after a few moments after the erection subsides sometimes a few drops or just a drop of thin clear sticky liquid oozes out. There was no dream majority of time seen would this require ghusl or do i just assume its mazi as its not spurting out just oozing after waking up. Out of caution i end up doing ghusl as this happens most days but I’m sure there may not be a need so wanted to clarify.
B) What would be the case in same situation if a dream was seen but no full wet dream took place or ejaculation just a feeling before i suddenly wake up nothing released or anything on underwear but a few moments later as i go to urinate and check a speck (1-3mm size) of mazhi or a thin clear sticky liquid comes to edge of penis or oozes out? Nothing gushed out in spurts
C) No dream seen, however when i wake up there is a drop of wetness on the tissue wrapped around my front private part to the extent of 0.1 to a maximum of 0.3mm. There is no sizeable stain or heavy wetness like that in a wet dream like 5- 7 cm size. This situation occurs very often if ive slept for more than 4 plus hours in one go. How do i know this small drop is not mani and is just madhi or something else. Though i have ghalib zann it is not mani but doubt there is a possibility
Wa’alaykum as Salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
There are three types of fluids which emits.
- Mani (sperm/semen) – This is a white, thick fluid that is released when one reaches orgasm.
- Madhi (pre-sexual fluid) – This is a thin, white fluid that exits when sexually aroused but does not accompany ejaculation.
- Wadi (discharge from a leak) – is thick, murky, white liquid that resembles Mani (semen) in thickness but not in murkiness. It has no smell and comes out after urination. Sometimes, it comes out before urination. Usually, not much more than a drop or two of wadi comes out.
The following four rulings will also help you:
- When awakening, if you see Mani, then whether you remember a dream or not, Ghusl is compulsory.
- If you see Madhi, then Ghusl is only compulsory if you saw a dream. If you did not see a dream, Ghusl is not compulsory.
- If you saw a dream and you are not sure what discharge it is, then Ghusl is compulsory.
- If you did not see a dream and you doubt what discharge it is, then Ghusl is not compulsory.
Understanding that, we may now respond to your questions:
- This discharge is Madhi. No Ghusl is compulsory. It is normal and natural for young men to wake up with an erection.
- Ghusl is not compulsory.
- Since you have Ghaalib Dhann that this is not Mani, Ghusl is not compulsory. Ignore the doubt.